Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Runescape Offering "Vanity Items"
PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 7:36 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Touchpad Pro
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Tmoa
I've always hated about certain games that some people would have a clear advantage in how much money they can put into the game. Jagex might as well start doing regulated rwt in items then.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 7:36 pm 
Adamantite Member

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 2:04 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Two101
In general, microtransactions are fine but I don't think games should have both subscriptions and microtransactions (I'm looking at you, Blizzard). I don't really care about this katana, though, since it's not going to become discontinued and it's not really a microtransaction. However, prepaid membership cards are more expensive than paying by credit card so you could call this difference the real cost of obtaining the katana if you're switching payment methods just to get one.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 2:15 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Tappy
Clan Name: 3rd of Life
It has been said many a time before, jagex is running on greed these days.

One of the things i like(d) about RuneScape was the lack of an "Item Shop" type thing, gave all players a fair chance, which was a good way of having it. If this goes on much further, we'll see items that make gameplay much better as opposed to the 'normal' items, that will be a sad day :/
I will of course be a member, so earning these points will be unaviodable..oh, and while we're on this subject, report mod mmg in game for real world trading? :P

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron." -Dwight Eisenhower.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 8:23 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: lil_ash3r
Clan Name: Skillers of 132
tappy wrote:
report mod mmg in game for real world trading? :P

Lol,exactly.

I personally don't mind this cause it looks like it comes with member ship.
But if jagex ever makes it to where you can buy items that will give you an advantage over other players.That's when i will dislike it.
Cause you know there are going to be people who will pay anything to get an advantage over another.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 12:15 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Asher wrote:
But if jagex ever makes it to where you can buy items that will give you an advantage over other players.That's when i will dislike it.

But that sword does give you an advantage over other players. Maybe not you or me, but it does over some players.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 9:44 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Andymaster24
Clan Name: The Clueless Adventurers
This is stupid. There should be no disadvantage to just paying online via credit card like most people do.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Titanicus

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 9:44 pm 
Runite Member